Twitter Updates

Monday, August 4, 2008

What to do over break

I am currently in the early stages of semester break. In the early stages I usually go through withdraw... I don't know what to do with my time and can't wait for the next semester to start. I am in that withdraw stage, but it is much easier this time. I got a new computer which I have been struggling with. There are three books I wanted to read... well, one I want to finish and two I want to start and finish. They are all three good books, but one of them is quite large and probably not a good idea to start (Space). It is a bit old (1982) and is a lower priority. I did read a book during the last semester (Simplexity). Fortunately it wasn't very long and it was a really page turner. I did sacrifice some homework that weekend and a little sleep, but it was worth it. I am trying to finish Complexity, which is just about as good. I'm only about half-way though it, but it is about some of the people that started off the Santa Fe Institute. The other book I want to read is a crazy calculus book (A Tour of the Calculus). I don't know how it will go, but when I first opened it I thought it was funny. Yes, a math book that I think may be funny. One of my last teachers actually gave us a handout with an excerpt from that book. A year later I finally got around to reading it and laughed. I don't know if it was just the beer I was drinking at the time or not, but I went to the bookstore and picked that up along with The Variations of Scientific Experience. I am excited to have some good books to read. Diana also gave me some more from her collection. I think one of them is love letters by Einstein. That I am curious about. Anyway, I hadn't written anything in a couple days, now you know why.

No comments: